Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Allow me to Apologize for my Consideration

Allow me to take this time
To apologize for my inconsiderence
I selfishly refused to see pain
In a man who forgot to say hello

I'm sorry I turn a blind eye to your suggestions
I'm sorry I don't buy your clothes
I'm sorry I don't listen to your manipulations
I'm sorry I don't accept masculinity
On the success of narrowed consumerism

Allow me to apologize for my refusal for engagement
with a diamond ring made with the rushing red fluid of life
Instead of in civil discourse

But when we turn to our thneeds
and refuse to find hope in people
We reveal the true nature of mankind

What ever happened to caring?
Would you ever kill a creature of this Earth?
Would you ever kill a man?
You'd say no
But if you stopped living in denial
Would you save his life for a minor change?
Would you save her life in exchange for one of your comforts,
A need only perceived
A desire you don't want
Until your told you need

I'm sorry I refuse to lie to myself
since I recognize its harm
Because when lie releases from within
It escapes the heart
No longer does the thought contain love
It flows awkwardly from between the lips
The chauffeurs opening the limo door, the with a right arm forward and bow
A part of this world is lost

Why do I find myself apologizing to evil?
Does morality offend you?
But you cant possibly be evil
Because everyone else is too

2 comments: